Monday, September 12, 2011

Kevin’s Story, Part 23, Another What? Part 6


. . . . brother.

Really, are you kidding me?  Your pulling my leg!  Seriously, another Navy boy, following his big brothers and serving his Country.  But, sad to say, he is no longer with us.  Seventeen years older and I’m sure a lot wiser.  One thing he left behind was an amazing family.

Five kids and twice as many grand kids, he was loved by everybody.  Another great Maineac, part time Connecticut business owner, part time Florida retiree.  He spent 35 years working with his older brother to build a great construction company.

I am not sure what the final count is, but I got to meet most of them.  What a lot of fun, this family knows how to enjoy life.  From the twelve foot blow up big screen to the drinking games, hard to determine who was the life of the party.

If you have been following along for the last six months you will remember all the prayers for Luke.  Well Luke belongs to this group.  Here is a guy who drives his motorcycle to all four corners of the US, then go fights for us in the war, then comes home on leave and darn near gets killed.  Now he is waiting to find out how he is going to serve us some more.  His grand father would be proud.

(Phone dying, writing faster)

I’m beginning to think I dodged a bullet.  Can you imagine four older brothers?  The Lord knew I could never have made it through childhood with all the nuggies and wedgies.  I was lucky to be 3000 miles west.

(I can’t write all this down with no battery and no more paper to write on.)

(Gotta go!)

How about your other . . . . .

Continued . . . . yes really. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment